I'm sorry to all the new parents out there who think they have wonderful adorable babies. I mean, you do, of course. But ours is really the best. You might think I am biased, but let me lay out the evidence.
First of all, he's clearly the cutest baby ever.
He's also the coolest baby around.
He can read.
He can swim.
And he sleeps now. In his own crib. And although he wakes a few times during the night, he goes to bed around 11 pm and sleeps until around 8:30 am. He's then up for about an hour or so before he goes back down for a nap that lasts a couple of hours. He doesn't tend to nap much after that, though sometimes he takes an afternoon nap around 4 or 5. This schedule made it really easy to travel with him because after his morning nap we could count on him to be in a good awake mood for the rest of the day (and often taking short naps in the car seat).
I don't have photos for all the many other reasons why he's he greatest baby ever (or as J puts it in Steven Colbert's words: great baby? or the greatest baby?), but here are a few more reasons:
- He looks adorable in pink and has no problem with that.
- He is a fantastic traveler. He only complained in the car and on the plane if he was tired (and then would fall promptly asleep) or if his ears hurt from the changes in altitude. Otherwise he's a pretty happy kid.
- He loves to watch Barack Obama.
- He charms everyone around him. As just one example, one of the stewardesses on the plane stopped the whole line of people getting off so she could get a few more smiles from him before he left.
- If you smile at him, he sucks in air with glee, kicks his legs and arms all around, and gives you a smile so wide it takes over his entire face.
(* I realize the "i" in the title is probably getting annoying... I won't do it anymore, iPromise.)