This past week I've been tired in the evenings after work and have been letting dishes stay in the sink until the next morning and there have been more toys strewn around the living room than usual. But last night I couldn't stand the mess anymore and finally put the toys into some new bins we bought. Then today I tried to tackle everything else on my (mental) list of things to do. Of course, getting them all done (or even started) would be physically impossible, but I did manage to do a lot of different things (in this order).
- cleaned the kitchen from last night
- made strawberry/banana pancakes
- cleaned the kitchen from breakfast
- did two loads of laundry (and put the clothes away!)
- went to the farmer's market
- made enough carrots for Squeakles for the week, plus some to freeze
- cut up enough cheese for Squeakles for the week
- put Squeakles down for a nap (two hours!)
- cleaned up the kitchen again
- did some work
- took Squeakles to the playground
- went running
- made dinner
- read to Squeakles
- put Squeakles to bed
- watched the last fifteen minutes of the US-Haiti game (soccer) that J had recorded for me while I was putting Squeakles to bed
And now it's 10 pm. And I think I need to clean the kitchen for the fourth time today.
But first, here are a few pictures from the playground today.
Going down the slide.
Saying "wheeee" on the swing.
Riveted by the train.